CFI insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATADSIP

Hey I am looking for some ideas on CFI insurance. It looks like I might be instructing at a place that requires me to carry it just dont know what type of coverage to get and who to go with. If any one has any ideas I apperciate it.

The CFI insurance programs I am familiar with are from AOPA Insurance Agency and Falcon Insurance Agency. The Falcon program is an association policy for members of National Assn of Flight Instructors (NAFI). NAFI membership is only about $40 per year to make you eligible to buy the Falcon coverage. The NAFI/Falcon policy covers instructing in multi engine aircraft and AOPA does not. Any other questions let me know as I was in the insurance business in a former life!

The CFI insurance programs I am familiar with are from AOPA Insurance Agency and Falcon Insurance Agency. The Falcon program is an association policy for members of National Assn of Flight Instructors (NAFI). NAFI membership is only about $40 per year to make you eligible to buy the Falcon coverage. The NAFI/Falcon policy covers instructing in multi engine aircraft and AOPA does not. Any other questions let me know as I was in the insurance business in a former life!

The airplane should be covered for flight training. I never heard of an instructor that carried insurance...but then I havent been a CFI for the last 12 years. If they do require you to have your own insurance make sure the compensation is worth while.

Thanks for the information. The compensation is not bad for a part time thing. The insurance is mostly for liability and covering the deductable.

I am going to check into NAFI.

Once agian thank you

When I asked my first boss (country-fried FBO owner) about getting insurance. He advised that it would simply give lawyers a reason to file a lawsuit against you should something happen. So, I never got insurance for instructing. Remember, one cannot get blood from a turnip.

Latest resources

Back