CFI expiration date? Calender month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

newmei

My cert expires on September 2, 2003....Does this this expire on the 2nd or the end of september?

Thanks!

Would someone care to answer so we don't all have to go dig out our **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing FAR/AIM's.

I could be just sleepy but it DOES NOT say when the original expires, just that the renewal expires in 24 calender months.

You could assume the same for the original but it does not say exactly when it is.

I dug it up.....

§ 61.19 Duration of pilot and instructor certificates.

(a) General. The holder of a certificate with an expiration date may not, after that date, exercise the privileges of that certificate.

(b) Student pilot certificate. A student pilot certificate expires 24 calendar months from the month in which it is issued.

(c) Other pilot certificates. A pilot certificate (other than a student pilot certificate) issued under this part is issued without a specific expiration date. The holder of a pilot certificate issued on the basis of a foreign pilot license may exercise the privileges of that certificate only while that person's foreign pilot license is effective.

(d) Flight instructor certificate. A flight instructor certificate:

(1) Is effective only while the holder has a current pilot certificate; and

(2) Except as specified in § 61.197(b) of this part, expires 24 calendar months from the month in which it was issued or renewed.

(e) Ground instructor certificate. A ground instructor certificate issued under this part is issued without a specific expiration date.

Your right I'm a dolt its on the back of the cert....Thanks for that reference. I knew it was a calender month but I just could'nt find it!

Amazing. All this looking up regulations and teeth gnashing to figure out the expiration date of a certificate that has the expiration date printed on it.

Latest resources

Back