Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

frascaflyer

amateur drunkard
Anybody out there have the gouge on Roy Speeg, FAA inspector out of the Indianapolis FSDO? Doing my CFI ride with him - any info is very much appreciated!

FF

I just took my CFI initial today in Grand Rapids, MI. For the first 2 hours of the oral everything was going perfectly. The examiner (bill namick) was impressed and told me he had a couple more questions and we could knock out the flight portion. However, I got stuck up on an endorsement question and was found deficient. Know part 61 as it applies to student pilots like crazy. I wish I had studied instructor endorsements and part 61 so much more. Sorry I'm not familiar with your examiner.

AC 61-51D is a good. It covers all but a few endorsements. Use it along with part 61 and you will be fine.

Cfi

Garritto said:
I just took my CFI initial today in Grand Rapids, MI. For the first 2 hours of the oral everything was going perfectly. The examiner (bill namick) was impressed and told me he had a couple more questions and we could knock out the flight portion. However, I got stuck up on an endorsement question and was found deficient. Know part 61 as it applies to student pilots like crazy. I wish I had studied instructor endorsements and part 61 so much more. Sorry I'm not familiar with your examiner.

So you did a great job on your oral but you missed a few questions and you got a pink slip?

Somethings not right here. You only need to have 70% pass?

Latest resources

Back