• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nocturnal1

Master of the Cowbell
Hey folks,
Not sure if you're aware that you're hard earned military instructor/evaluator rating can be "comped" like the commercial instrument ticket. This works for all except the "centerline thrust folks" - sorry. I'm an "older" retired military aviator (formerly USAF/US Army) and just found this out. BTW - I'm in no way affiliated with any company or trying to sell anything, just getting the word out for those interested. Here's a link with the applicable FAR references ;-) I'm sure other folks offer the testing study prep stuff as well. Good luck.

http://www.sheppardair.com/milcompintro.htm

Centerline thrust folks still get it, just with a centerline thrust restriction on the multiengine CFI, so not that useful. This program is really not worth it unless you are single engine instructor, otherwise you get CFI/CFII with multiengine only, even if you've flown single engine aircraft. In other words, if you are a T-6, F-16 instructor, then it might be useful, otherwise...I wouldn't pay the money for it.

Can I use it in someway to renew my CFI without redoing the flight portion since I let my CFI certificates expire like 3 years ago like a dumba$$?

Shiat nevermind, just skimmed the link. Oh well, I don't need it anyways, I have enough dual given to gag a dog....not what I want be doing again anytime soon, civilian at least.

Last edited:
Anyone know?

For those of us still in the military, can we take these tests at a military testing center? We used to be able to take tests like the ACT and CLEP. I'm deploying to Baghram next month and that would be a great time to study and take the test. Thanks

Jim

Centerline thrust folks still get it, just with a centerline thrust restriction on the multiengine CFI, so not that useful. This program is really not worth it unless you are single engine instructor, otherwise you get CFI/CFII with multiengine only, even if you've flown single engine aircraft. In other words, if you are a T-6, F-16 instructor, then it might be useful, otherwise...I wouldn't pay the money for it.

The latest is that they're not giving the MEI out to anyone who has only been an IP in aircraft with the centerline thrust restriction.

Latest resources

Back