Cessna Sovereign?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaK

I have been offered a 680 gig (Part 91) on the west coast. I don't know much about them other than that the cockpit is about the same as the X but its slower. Whats the deal on range/speed/payload? How about climb gradient, particularly out of the mountain airports?

TIA

I have been offered a 680 gig (Part 91) on the west coast. I don't know much about them other than that the cockpit is about the same as the X but its slower. Whats the deal on range/speed/payload? How about climb gradient, particularly out of the mountain airports?

TIA

It's got really good climb performance (significantly better than a hawker), climb gradient is excellent. You can fly for at least 6.0 or slightly over that. Mmo is .80. Its takeoff speeds and landing speeds are pretty slow. Wierd flyin that slow. You would like it though...

Been on both, but have never flown either. Having said that, I'm becoming really impressed with the Hawker's durabilty. First they shoot an engine pod off one in Africa and it continues to fly, next a glider slices through the wing on a Hawker to mid-chord and the wing stays on. Amazing!

GV

Been on both, but have never flown either. Having said that, I'm becoming really impressed with the Hawker's durabilty. First they shoot an engine pod off one in Africa and it continues to fly, next a glider slices through the wing on a Hawker to mid-chord and the wing stays on. Amazing!

GV

Hopefully being impressed with Hawker durability doesnt include the hawker 400. But now there will be so many versions to pick from that all have the same old frame....the 750/900. Why not stick with what works I guess.....better that than try a new airplane all together (4000) as that probably wont even make the new deadline with the feds.

Mmo .80M, Vmo 305KIAS, MOA 47,000 ft, MGTW 30,000lbs, MLW 27,100lbs, Usable Fuel 10,800lbs.

The 680 has EXCELLENT short field. Able to operate out of 3700ft, and NY to CA.

TXGold, please elaborate your statement.

NY to CA! That makes me shutter. The reliability on ours is horrible. I have little confidence in the plane. The plane feels cheap, and the finishing on it is more like a Ford Taurus than a 15$mil business jet. Aside from that, flying it is kind of fun. Slow ref speeds. The ride in turbulence is nauseating and exhausting. Flying the aircraft into any modest size terminal area is a headache. The MMO is slow and the VMO is 305. So if you are careful and 'the ride' is smoof you can get 300 out of her. But if you are on VNAV and you get up to 304 or 305, the plane will actually dive more requiring the Autopilot and power to be turned off. This doesn’t reflect very well on you with the people in the back. So I fly between 295 and 300. When you are leading the pack you can pretty much count on getting a victor for pleasure. It is typical Cessna not thinking like the rest of the world, instead like a little airplane company. I have heard these numbers were set this way because of marketing. If they set redline at .83 and VMO at 320 it would help things out considerably. Also it would have been nice if Cessna went with Garmin instead of Honeywell.

Eh?

NY to CA! That makes me shutter. The reliability on ours is horrible. I have little confidence in the plane. The plane feels cheap, and the finishing on it is more like a Ford Taurus than a 15$mil business jet. Aside from that, flying it is kind of fun. Slow ref speeds. The ride in turbulence is nauseating and exhausting. Flying the aircraft into any modest size terminal area is a headache. The MMO is slow and the VMO is 305. So if you are careful and 'the ride' is smoof you can get 300 out of her. But if you are on VNAV and you get up to 304 or 305, the plane will actually dive more requiring the Autopilot and power to be turned off. This doesn’t reflect very well on you with the people in the back. So I fly between 295 and 300. When you are leading the pack you can pretty much count on getting a victor for pleasure. It is typical Cessna not thinking like the rest of the world, instead like a little airplane company. I have heard these numbers were set this way because of marketing. If they set redline at .83 and VMO at 320 it would help things out considerably. Also it would have been nice if Cessna went with Garmin instead of Honeywell.

Nice post... :eek:

I know a guy who just started flying one, he likes it mostly-except for the "cessna" fit, finish and materials. It's short field stuff is pretty impressive, I mean, coming from various hawkers a ref speed of 95 is nuts.

As for the post by TXGold, our hawkers with the honeywell avionics do the same thing when up near the red line and using vs/vnav modes...pain in the arse.

Latest resources

Back