Cessna SkyCatcher LSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SweatHog

Just picked up a copy of Atlantic Flyer with an article about the New Cessna SkyCatcher "LSA". What is "LSA"? I guess I'm a little out of touch. Does "LSA" have anything to do with a "Sport Pilot Licence"? Just wondering.

Anyone who would drop 110K on a glorified CE-152 needs to have their head examined.

For a brand new 2 seat trainer, I could justify it for a flight school. $110K isn't that bad for a new plane.

Just read another article in Atlantic Flyer about another plane in the "LSA" category. The "Thorpedo" has a 120HP "Jabiru" engine, another brand I'm not familiar with. Maybe it's a two stroke. Apparently this class of aircraft is becoming popular. I had no idea.

Anyone who would drop 110K on a glorified CE-152 needs to have their head examined.

Like TWA said, folks in training will EAT IT UP, especially with it being half the cost of your basic Skyhawk these days.

Business professionals don't mind dropping a lot of coin to fly brand-new aircraft while they're working on their Private or Instrument rating as long as it doesn't mean they will be flying an old, clapped-out 150 or 172 that smells like ass and has a 1970s interior motif.

Like TWA said, folks in training will EAT IT UP, especially with it being half the cost of your basic Skyhawk these days.

Business professionals don't mind dropping a lot of coin to fly brand-new aircraft while they're working on their Private or Instrument rating as long as it doesn't mean they will be flying an old, clapped-out 150 or 172 that smells like ass and has a 1970s interior motif.

You have to work pretty hard these days to find a C-152 that's "low time," and that seems to mean around 5,000 hours now... not only that but you have to pay around 50k for one with 5,000 hours in decent shape.

I think there's definitely a market.

Latest resources

Back