Cessna F406 Caravan II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

I was just browsing airliners.net and came across a picture of a Cessna F406 Caravan II. I thought it would be a variant of the C208 Caravan i've flown, but was surprised to find it was a twin. Does anyone know the story on this plane? Is it just a coincidence that they are both named Caravan, or is this another one of those odd aircraft evolution things?

Cessna F406 Caravan II

Cessna 208 Caravan

It looks like a.....

It looks like a mutant Cessna 441 crossed with a PA 31. Its tail is in a different location then the conquest. They both have conventional tails, however the conquest's tail is lower on the airframe.

Interesting.

John

I think that it looks sweet, and fast too....anyone know if it is?

Looks like a C-404 fuselage, a Citation empenage and Conquest I engines (PT-6)... (Conquest II had Garrett TPE-331's)

Its not a "Turbine Titan" because the tail section is totally different... The Conquest II was basically a "Turbine/Pressurized Titan"... The Conquest I was basically a "Turbine 421"

I thought the Conquest II was a much nicer looking airplane than this Caravan II...

Last edited:
Re: 406

It's a 404 Titan with PT6s. Some countries use them for Coast Guard patrol, and there are a few in Alaska i think. Nice plane.

There are indeed a few of those up here in Alaska operating under 135. There was talk about having them certified for part 121 but I dont know it they ever did it. Kind of an ugly airplane up close, I much prefer the conquest. I dont think they are associated with Cessna at all, they were made in Europe somewhere.

It is French built - Reims / Cessna F406 - Titan fuselage, Conquest II wings PT6-112 engines I believe. Only Cessna twin turbine in current prodution.

>>>>>>Only Cessna twin turbine in current prodution.

Really? When did they stop making Citations?

(sorry <g> couldn't resist)

Latest resources

Back