Cessna 414 / Piper Navajo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetstream

Hey guys. I'm looking at doing some part time corporate flying. Aircraft will be either a Cessna 414 or Piper Navajo/Chieftain. What is a reasonable daily rate to charge for this?

Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm looking at doing some part time corporate flying. Aircraft will be either a Cessna 414 or Piper Navajo/Chieftain. What is a reasonable daily rate to charge for this?

Thanks.

I would guess you'd be in the neighborhood of about $200-225 a day. Alot depends on where in the US you're located as well.

guys, dumb question, but is meals/etc built into that price or are you giving the meal receipts to the guy who hired you, and he reimburses.

Thanks

Nothing less than $400 per day if experienced in type.

$400 min for a 414 or navajo? I live in a fairly big metropolitan city where experienced Lear/Excel/Hawker Captains make between 450-600 a day. Im all for it if you could swing it but i'd be pretty surprised if you didnt get laughed out of the office asking for that anywhere outside SoCal or the Tri-State area.

guys, dumb question, but is meals/etc built into that price or are you giving the meal receipts to the guy who hired you, and he reimburses.

Thanks

The day rate does not include expenses. Depending on the client, I either charged a flat rate for overnight expenses or I would charge actual expenses and submit receipts with my invoice for the trip. If you are going to do contract work, you need to get your mind wrapped around the fact that you are running a business, not working as an employee.

$400 min for a 414 or navajo? I live in a fairly big metropolitan city where experienced Lear/Excel/Hawker Captains make between 450-600 a day. Im all for it if you could swing it but i'd be pretty surprised if you didnt get laughed out of the office asking for that anywhere outside SoCal or the Tri-State area.

It is all supply and demand. There are probably more qualified Lear contract pilots in a metro area than C414 contract pilots. I could get $350/day in a Baron, and $450/day in a PC-12 in the Southeast.

I get $350-450 a day depending on the client in a 421. Meals are on top of that. This is in the mid-atlantic.

Latest resources

Back