• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 310

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be the one, every 50 hours. Is there a solution to keep from be a reoccurring AD? Is it every 50 hours or every 30 days, or is it just every 50 hours?

Yeah, the stainless steel firewall. They've been putting them in all our 402's at the same time they do the wing spar since it's all apart then anyway.

All you would have to do is fly the two and you'd fall in love with the far more useful 310. MUCH better ride in turbulance, the dutch role gets programmed out of your hands in like two hours. Lots of power. Like falcon vs. Gulfstream. 310's just feel like a real plane.
As an FYI you can tell the true age of a 310 by looking at the rivet lines on the spar outboard of the engines. As they get older and more worn you'll see more replaced by the cherry rivet and PRC procedure most 310 mx's know about. The really worn ones have the top rivets working. In one 12,000 hour case I saw structural screws replace inboard rivets. Ask a mechanic which engine he'd rather work on, the 470 or 520's that power a 310 or the little turbo six in the seneca. Something you don't see mentioned is the econo cruise setting in the R model is pretty lean. Like 20gph/160ktas.

I've probably got 500 hours seneca II and 1000 hours in a K-R model 310's.

Sounds like where ever you where flying had really $hity Mx. All but 2 of the 310's and 402's I fly have over 12,000hrs on them and a few have almost 20,000hrs and there are no Cherry Rivets or screws on the wing spars of any of them. BTW those fuel figures in the book are pretty unrealistic since they're predicated on you running at peak EGT, and I don't know about you but I know I don't want to chance burning up $24K worth of engines for an extra 3-4gph.

Latest resources

Back