Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DenverDude2002

Ramp Rat
Just curious if anyone knew about the 310 that did a gear up at BJC yesterday. I was over near Stevens aviation about an hour after it happened. Didnt look to serious, I dont think anyone was hurt. Anyone know if the pilot knew he didnt have his gear down? From what I heard at BJC, that plane has been sitting on the ramp at Stevens for a long time, apparently it was for sale, not any longer.

they have two gear up reports listed on the faa site. Hope that helps.

I don't know the guy that was flying but I know his ME instructor. The ink wasn't even dry on his license. He just took the the ME ride last Thurs. The only possible cause I heard surrounding the accident was that there was a total electrical failure. Beyond that, you won't hear any conjectures from me...

SK :cool:

wait. he geared up b/c of an electrical failure?

my gps lost raim for a minute yesterday, so i ditched in long island sound. :D

Well, if you take into account a new ME pilot, elec. fail (no gear motor, gear horn, etc.), no light gun signals from the tower, and trying to trouble shoot the whole mess while flying around the Denver area. I think it was a case of new ME pilot overload. That's as far as I go. Read about it in the NASA/NTSB report.

SK:cool:

if there is a elec. failure, put gear selector in mid position, unstow handle at pilots right calf, turn about 36 revolutions until against stops, ( put a little pressure on it - don,t be a whimp), stow handle, select gear down, land. easy. as basic as flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back