Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Well, I just saw the new C172 with the diesel engine. I was in flight planning room when I heard one of the demo pilots filing a flight plan... time enroute: 2:25 - Fuel onboards: 10:00 !!

Ten hours of fuel onboard? A C172? Believe it. The demo pilots told me that the thing burns something like 4 gallons per hour!!

They have to burn JetA in it here in the states because our diesel grade is not conducive to the powerplant.

But, that's still pretty cool They said that the diesel engine only added something like 60 pounds to the aircraft. The one I saw is the only one icurrently n the states. It is based at New Symna Beach, Fl.
http://www.centurion-engines.com/c17/faq/faq_content.htm

yeah, i've seen that aircraft too. it belongs to epic aviation. they're supposed to be outfitting others there pretty soon, too. right now they're in the process of getting all the CFI's checked out. i heard that there's a delay in performance when you go full throttle. but they're pretty excited about this aircraft. students should start getting to use it pretty soon.

what were you doing at new smyrna? that's where i'm learning to fly...

cforst513 said:
what were you doing at new smyrna? that's where i'm learning to fly...

when i read this i thought of special ED... yaaaaay im learning to fly yaaaaay

change the dam avitar already

stop worrying about it, will ya? the more you complain, the longer i'm going to keep it on there. i'll change it whenever i find another that i like.

Last edited:
heh heh, thanks flechas. i try to ignore the nay-sayers as best i can, but sometimes they get the best of me.

be sure to let me know next time you're around, i think i still owe you a round of beer! (but just one. you're the one who's employed :))

It fits. Guy with a boy and girl's name

cforst513 said:
stop worrying about it, will ya? the more you complain, the longer i'm going to keep it on there. i'll change it whenever i find another that i like.
Put up the one where he is in the bikini. Precious!!

Q Q
\./
( l )

Don't worry Cfrost, we love your avatar!!!
Word up, Beeyatchez!

It's the mustache fuzz that trips my trigger! And yes ... we do need a bikini shot, but we'd like you to shave her legs (and back), first. :)

Phlipper Minh

Latest resources

Back