Cep / nopac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coool Hand Luke

Anyone made a run down R464 on the Central East Pacific organized route system from Oakland to Hawaii? My first trip out there - I'm coasting out on Wednesday - and wanted the latest gouge or any other "nice to know" intel that you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Check your HF's before you go. Take an alarm clock and set it to go off 5 min. before reporting points. Just in case the boredom makes you nod. Plenty of dark blue water to look at. Check your charts on when and what to report. It is easy to make a fill in the blank sheet. Makes you sound like a pro when you report.
Enjoy the islands. I sure miss going there. Being grounded under the obama stimulus plan is a killer.....

Check your HF's before you go. Take an alarm clock and set it to go off 5 min. before reporting points. Just in case the boredom makes you nod. Plenty of dark blue water to look at. Check your charts on when and what to report. It is easy to make a fill in the blank sheet. Makes you sound like a pro when you report.
Enjoy the islands. I sure miss going there. Being grounded under the obama stimulus plan is a killer.....

Well, at least on the way back I'll have some good 100% Kona coffee to keep me awake! Thanks for the info wildbill.

Except for the excitement of flying from the US Mainland to Hawaii for the first time it is a pretty boring flight.

I had flown from the US to Europe quite a few time before I made my first Hawaii crossing, there is just something special about the first crossing.

If you're lucky, you just might see a few ships on a clear day. Mostly I just took a good book to read on all the other crossings. ;)

Edited to add;

Have a great time and a safe trip.

Latest resources

Back