Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
I might have missed it if he did, but did LCC CEO Parker or any other higher-ups have any public comments about the fine job the crew of Flt 1549 did?

If not, how about any internal congrats?

Anything?

Why the hell would Parker care? Is he not the ****************************** who got caught drunk driving when the DAL merger fell thru?

-What a clown.....

I might have missed it if he did, but did LCC CEO Parker or any other higher-ups have any public comments about the fine job the crew of Flt 1549 did?

If not, how about any internal congrats?

Anything?

If you worked for US Airways you would know he has been very public with his comments.

Listen to US Daily 1-800-873-2459 option 4. Also, videos on the HUB (company intranet) but you need passwords.

Last edited:
Worst thread title ever, very misleading.

How is the thread title misleading?!?

<nevermind, I see it now, but I think the press conference Dougweiser did in the hours after the splashdown indicates he wasn't a passenger on the plane>

Flight 1549 crew in Charlotte Wednesday

By Jefferson George
[email protected]
Posted: Friday, Feb. 20, 2009

The crew of US Airways Flight 1549 will be in Charlotte next week for an employee event honoring their actions when the flight splashed down in the Hudson River last month.

All 155 people aboard the flight survived when the Airbus A320 jet – its engines crippled by a bird strike – landed in the river shortly after takeoff Jan. 15. Since then, Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger – as well as First Officer Jeff Skiles and flight attendants Sheila Dail, Donna Dent and Doreen Welsh – have been hailed as heroes for safely landing and evacuating the plane.

US Airways plans to hold an event for the crew with airline employees and their families Wednesday evening at an uptown Charlotte hotel. The airline also will recognize the contributions of hundreds of employees throughout its system who helped care for Flight 1549 customers. The event is not open to the public.

Latest resources

Back