Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I kind of do....

I get to talk with their pilots quite a bit, they seem to enjoy it for the most part. I don't know any specifics, but can tell you all the ones I've talked with have been there for like 2 years or more, so anyone willing to put up with something that long, it can't be that bad. I will admit they aren't considered to be the "glamour" girls of the freight industry..........like us........shhhiiiitt..........but hey, it's piston twin time. I know most of their planes have stormscope, and though they have no autopilot, those suckers paying for left seat time would be my autopilot. All in all, a good bunch of guys, at least the ones I know. As for the commanders, if it's old, ugly, and a commander, that Briting guy or whatever his name is owns it.

John Towner owns the company. Likes to push the crews. I know many pilots who have worked for him only for a few weeks and quit because they felt their license was worth more than a few hours multi in a Commander.

Yeah...there are pilots who have been there for two or so years....but you have to remember....where would they go now?? With the limited number of aviation jobs out there, saying they have a low turnover rate doesn't provide much insight.

I have heard the MX is decent, but then again, you are the PIC if you don't like something...squak it. However, I have heard that the owner has said....if you don't do the trip...don't bother coming back...because there are a hundred pilots just like you waiting for a job!!!

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back