Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest & Key Lime Air...any info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sled driver

If anyone has flown for Central Air Southwest or Key Lime Air and can give me some feedback I would appreciate it. How is there second in command program? Once on line how did you like the company. Thanks.

You'll probably find a good amount of info on this site by just searching the names of the two companies. If your profile is correct, then you don't even need to think about the SIC programs. From what I understand, those are for people to pay to sit in the right seat who do not meet the 135 PIC time requirements. I saw your other post asking about Ameriflight, and if I had to suggest one of the 3 companies to you that fit what you've asked, Ameriflight would be the way to go.

Gotta quote de727ups here:

It's wrong for someone to PFJ. It's bad for the industry. How does paying for a job help us better this mess of an industry we are in? There are timebuilding programs where you aren't paying to rent a seat as a required crewmember like Gulfstream (or Key Lime Air) does. That would serve your purpose without encouraging PFJ.

McJohn. Please don't quote me anymore. KeyLime and Gulfstream are two different animals.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. KeyLime, and Amflight (through EagleJet), offer timebuilding programs. You sit in the right seat, build time, and pay for it. That right seat in NOT a required crewmember seat and the plane can go without you. The value of this time varies depending on who you are talking to and your specific situation. I personally have no problem with it as you aren't a required crewmember. A lot of people DO have problems with it but as I see it, unless someone is mandated to be in that seat, then it's no big deal. If there is a requirement that a body be in that seat, then a person shouldn't pay for it and an airline shouldn't rent that seat out like Gulfstream does.

Gulfstream is a totally different from Amflight. This is an airline that uses copilots as a revenue source. You are paying to do the job of a required crewmember and the plane can't leave without you and your money. This is bad for the industry and should not be tolerated. The vast majority of professional pilots, if you explain what Gulfstream is and stands for, are dead seat against it.

My bad, won't happen again. I should of know better (BTW I added the Key Lime aspect of that post). If the right seat isn't a required position then I could care less. I still think it's a waste of money. They should let folks ride those seats for free on a lottery basis or something.

Last edited:
At Amflight, when they have an Eaglejet guy in the right seat, the pilots get like a $5/hr or $7/hr override. Plus, they make the dude load the freight. Plus, he gets left behind if they need to bump him for freight. How much does Amflight get for participating in the scheme? I have no idea.

Any Amflight guys out there know?

Is Central Air Southwest's SIC program a pay to play program? I've always been under the impression that it was not.

Central Air charges $50/hr to sit in the sic seat on the commander. If I could do it again, I would go to Airnow or Ameriflight.

Sled, I agree - with your hours you should be able to get hired somewhere, unless there is some other requirement you don't meet. I hear Ameriflight is a good outfit.

I flew for Key Lime (Metros) for 2.5 years. I'm probably a sicko but I had a great time there and got some AWESOME experience. Things have improved there since I left too - it used to be six days a week, now I hear it's only four. I highly recommend single-pilot freight as a timebuilder. Your time will be well-respected by those in the know.

I was fortunate and went straight to the Metro. Not sure if that can stil be done but it was nice. At either AF or KL, turbine time is what you need to be looking for - the sooner the better!

I think I'm permanently scarred though. It's been about 2.5 years since I left there and I still rarely sleep past 5 am, but I'm getting better.

Latest resources

Back