Cell Phones.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stealthh21

Hey just wanted to see what various charter companies do about cell phones.

Do they give you one?

Make you use yours? And pay you for it?

Do they give you a pager?

Just wanted to see how other companies do it. I have a cell phone that is my own, and my company pays me for its use. But, if I were to get rid of the phone, what then?

Thanks in advance!!

Stealthh21

Ours requires that you have one, and gives you an allowance which is meant to cover a basic package. You can then get whatever phone and service you want, but the allowance doesn't change.

Stealthh21 said:
Hey just wanted to see what various charter companies do about cell phones.

Do they give you one?

Make you use yours? And pay you for it?

Do they give you a pager?

Just wanted to see how other companies do it. I have a cell phone that is my own, and my company pays me for its use. But, if I were to get rid of the phone, what then?

Thanks in advance!!

Stealthh21

some_dude said:
Ours requires that you have one, and gives you an allowance which is meant to cover a basic package. You can then get whatever phone and service you want, but the allowance doesn't change.

Wanna make a bet:smash:

I have a pager. There is currently talk of providing phones or an allowance for cell usage, but they own the pagers and the paging system so no changes are likely in the near future.

jergar999 said:
I have a pager. There is currently talk of providing phones or an allowance for cell usage, but they own the pagers and the paging system so no changes are likely in the near future.

a PAGER?

like as, a BEEPER?

way old school cool, man. I like that.

:beer:

I have a company pager. I have my own cell phone. When a call ever comes in on the pager I'll have to use my own cell phone to call in. Also...when I'm on a charter, I call in on my own cell phone. Had to up my minutes from 250 to 400 just to keep from getting dinked by overages.

Haven't asked to get reimbursed yet...they're a bit picky about money. Although I think the boss would probably give me the $$ if I asked.

Maybe I should ask?? ;)

Eric

G100driver said:
What do you do when they page ... call collect.

They have a 1-800 number, so there's no issue there. I recently got a cell phone and did away with the landline, so I guess I'll see how that works out.

Lostdog65 said:
I have a company pager. I have my own cell phone. When a call ever comes in on the pager I'll have to use my own cell phone to call in. Also...when I'm on a charter, I call in on my own cell phone. Had to up my minutes from 250 to 400 just to keep from getting dinked by overages.

Haven't asked to get reimbursed yet...they're a bit picky about money. Although I think the boss would probably give me the $$ if I asked.

Maybe I should ask?? ;)

Eric

Uhhhh yeah you should. Why should you pay for what the company should be covering???

some_dude said:
That's what my company does too. We get $45 per month. I think with unlimited text messaging and 450 minutes, my Verizon bill is like $51/month. It's not too bad. They reimburse us along with cash expenses and our per diem out of the petty cash drawer. That's kinda the best part of my job. :)

Latest resources

Back