Cell Phone Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

One Wing Low

Ok folks, the time has come to change my cell, and I am looking mostly at ATT (Cingular) or Verizon. Has anyone had problems with coverage with either one? I am basically up and down the east coast. Any experience with dropped calls on one or the other, or is there a better provider out there?

Had good luck with Verizon for the last 7 years. EYW to RKD, the only trouble spots seem to be out in the sticks: Middle of the Pine Barrens, SLK, N Florida/S Georgia swampland- places like that.

I have had sprint, t-mobile and verizon, all mostly east coast flying and now also out west and verizon is the best coverage by far.

I'll give another vote for Verizion. I've had verizon for years, and traveled all over the US (mosty up and down the east coast), and I've always been able to get a couple bars worth of reception. In many cases I've been able to make calls when other people 6 feet away from me using other wireless carriers had no signal. Verizon seems to have the best network coverage, but I will say that their customer service sucks. The good news is that you almost never have to speak to them.

Verizon is awesome 10. 7 years now. Best coverage. Here's the best part. They will compete for your business....if you know what I mean.

I have a personal Verizon phone, and a Blackberry on Cingular/ATT supplied by my employer. Even though I can use the Blackberry to make occasional personal calls home, I prefer to burn minutes on my Verizon phone because the audio quality is that much better, even in areas of good coverage for both.

Sprint now lets you roam off Verizon towers for free, and if you are airline, you get a 25% discount on your service. You can't beat the price.

Sprint is also much cheaper to for the broadband service... I pay $40/mo for Blackberry and unlimited data, and it's very nice when you're at a hotel or airport with no free internet. Verizon has the same thing but it's $20 more per month.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back