Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
I was hoping some of you could share some thoughts about t-mobile as a cell provider. I'm currently with Verizon which, admittedly, had amazingly good coverage. However, t-mobile's prices are much much lower. I'm thinking of making the switch mainly because of the affordability of the data plans (specifically the Blackberry) but I don't want to end up with a good phone and a good plan that I can't use anywhere.

Anybody out there want to talk me out of switching?

Thanks.

I have tmobile, but not any data services. The coverage is really good, I live on the west coast and fly all over the country, and have had coverage everywhere. If tmobile doesn't have coverage in the area you are in, you automatically roam and use another carriers coverage, and it is included in your minutes, no roaming charge. The only problem when "roaming" is that you cannot pick up your voicemail, for some reason.

I use T-Mobile and am getting ready to switch. Their coverage on the east coast is useless. Most of the time I am roaming and when you are roaming you can't check your voicemail. Their price is what got me too but their coverage is awful. Often I'll be sitting in an airport and the other pilot will be talking on his phone and I will have no bars at all.

My coverage is good with T-Mobile, but I'm normally in the pacific, mountain, or central time zones. Don't know what the coverage is east of that.

I used to have T-Mobile and was very happy with them until they breached my contract this past May.
Though rare, phone companies do breach contracts. I had several "bolt on" features to my account which dropped off my account when I upped my minutes. The rep assured me that everything would stay in place, but to no avail, it all dropped out.
I contacted a regional manager who said they could not honor these bolt ons and told me I was limited in my options. I contacted the Federal Trade Commision and BBB, and was informed that they were indeed in breach, so the manager credited me the cancellation amount to terminate the contract. All in, it took 3 weeks to resolve, and was a hassle.
Moral of the story- Be weary of T-Mobile, as they will not stand behind their promise to you if there is a technical difficulty!

Go to Sprint and tell them you work for a United Airlines affiliate and you will recieve 25% off your entire monthly bills services (not minutes over) for the entirity of your patron.

Cingular is the best hands down... my phone will work just about everywhere, and others with me that have Verizon, Nextel, T-Mobile, and Sprint will usually have little to no service. But Cingular's data plan is expensive as hell!!! If you're looking for pretty good coverage and a great data plan, then go with T-Mobile... they have like one of the best data plans for the price.

I'd also recommend staying away from T-Mo. They're great as long as you're on major highways or in populated areas. Go off the beaten path -even as much as 3 miles- and you're effed -no voice, no data, nothing. I had T-Mo while I was in Alabama and prayed to God I never broke down on a back-country road ("son, you sure got a purdy mouth...").

'four-six

my roommate has t-mobile, and his plan has coverage in all major metropolitan areas and along major federal highways.... he's had a lot of trouble getting reception. i have verizon and i think it's great and affordable. i have free "in" calling as well as unlimited txt and pic messages. dunno how much a month, though, but it's less than $50. it's my only phone.

Latest resources

Back