Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MYFpilot

SDSU Super Fan
I may have a gig lined up to fly right seat in a CE-550 operating both 91 & 135. What would be reasonable salary expectations for this position? What's a better way to go, $'s per flight hour or salaried.

Thanks!!

I may have a gig lined up to fly right seat in a CE-550 operating both 91 & 135. What would be reasonable salary expectations for this position? What's a better way to go, $'s per flight hour or salaried.

It will either be per flight day or a salaried position.. I could not imagine a "per flight hour" pay agreement. I have not heard of that in my stint in the 135 world. If you fly alot then per day may work out better, if it is a very slow flight department then request salary.

As to "how much", that is hard to say since this varies depending on what geographical location that you are operating out of.. I do not know what the going rate is in the SAN area... I personally had the option when I upgraded to captain to be salaried and I said "no thanks" since I would have been flying way too much.

Easy to turn down trips when u are "contract", not easy when you are on salary since you will probably be expected to fly whenever they need you..

3 5 0

bump ^

Per day- low $250.00 - high $350.00 - $400.00

Salary.. Will vary depending on flight department.

A good friend of mine just recently was hired into the right seat of a Lear 60 and he is making a pi$$ poor salary of $30,000, well below average for that aircraft as well as considering how much he will be flying.

good luck

3 5 0

More people out in your region may be able to be a little more "exact" on the per flight day contract pay. Numbers above are in my area and what I have seen.

Latest resources

Back