Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Anybody knows anything about them? Hiring policies, etc?

dont leave your airline. Get some time and go on. Unless you can take an LOA.... Good luck.

dont leave your airline. Get some time and go on.

That's just it. Go on where? Nothing in-country currently looks attractive and the way I figure it, I got two more months tops before I get furloughed.

Wow, that is a rough situation. Still, I would say wait until you get furloughed unless there is another immediate and better long term employment opportunity. That way, when you get furloughed you will at least retain benefits, a seniority number, and recall ability. It may end up being a vacation of sorts where you could go and do something you otherwise would not be able to do (ie, vacation, temp flying job in the islands somewhere). Hard to look at it positively, I know, Ive been furloughed 3 times. If you can, though, it will make all the difference in the world as to your attitude now, and later as well. As far as Cayman, I dont know a thing. If you are interested in DC-3s, though, Four Star Air in Puerto Rico is hiring. They bought Tol Air a year or two ago and are cleaning house. Almost all new pilots and ground personnel. Stuart Diamond, a former pulitzer prize winner and Wharton business school professor is the principal owner. Might be something to check in to. www.fourstaraircargo.com
Hope this helps.

Wow, that is a rough situation. Still, I would say wait until you get furloughed unless there is another immediate and better long term employment opportunity. That way, when you get furloughed you will at least retain benefits, a seniority number, and recall ability. It may end up being a vacation of sorts where you could go and do something you otherwise would not be able to do (ie, vacation, temp flying job in the islands somewhere). Hard to look at it positively, I know, Ive been furloughed 3 times. If you can, though, it will make all the difference in the world as to your attitude now, and later as well. As far as Cayman, I dont know a thing. If you are interested in DC-3s, though, Four Star Air in Puerto Rico is hiring. They bought Tol Air a year or two ago and are cleaning house. Almost all new pilots and ground personnel. Stuart Diamond, a former pulitzer prize winner and Wharton business school professor is the principal owner. Might be something to check in to. www.fourstaraircargo.com
Hope this helps.

I'd love to fly a DC-3, but they seem to require 500hrs on type and a DC-3 type rating. Would sure be fun though, actually a DC-3 type rating has always been one of my dreams, and I might even spring for one of those, but where do I get the 500 hrs on type? I'll send them a resume anyway, though. Can't hurt.

Anybody knows anything about them? Hiring policies, etc?

A friend of mine is from the cayman islands. He is a doctor who owns his own plane. We had this conversation a few years ago because one of his nephews flies for cayman airways. The readers digest version was about being a citizen of the cayman islands as a first step. Good luck

That's just it. Go on where? Nothing in-country currently looks attractive and the way I figure it, I got two more months tops before I get furloughed.

Come back and read this thread in 2 months. Things never stay the same. we are, i believe, at the very botom of a cycle. Wasn't it '96 or '97 that airlines started opening the doors a little and the hiring BOOM was on for a few years? The airline, and aviation industry is going to bechanging in the comming years with the FAA really trying to implement new GPS routing systems, and oil being lower than it has been in years. Things are going to get better, don't panic just yet.

just my 2 cents.

Things are going to get better, don't panic just yet.

just my 2 cents.

and in the meantime, what are we supposed to do? flip burgers?

(waiting for it to get better....)

updating my Kit Darby newsletter subscription...

Latest resources

Back