CAUTION NJ wannabes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skiandsurf

Can I say to all NJ wannabes, CAUTION.....this place will fill your mailbox, your email, and blackberry, with too much mail. You will need more passwords than you can possibly remember. You will have to change these passwords every 90 days. You will need passwords to access passwords.

You will get blackberry email, only to be followed up by a correction to the email.

You will spend an hour at the end of the tour doing your expense report....well actually two reports. One for cash, one for credit card usage. I have not yet completed one of these reports without making a call to NJs for help.

You will have a union that claims to be the best, only to have all leadership to resign to start a new and improved union (I thought the first was the touted as the best). You will vote to replace IBT with NJASAP, only to have to vote again (the first was a test vote). And if all the leadership has stepped down, who is flying this plane anyway?

Rant off.

(this is a great place, the job is easy. Its this other sh!t that drives me nuts)

Don't forget about the crew food and how you agonize at night trying to decide what to order.

What are you talking about?

Can I say to all NJ wannabes, CAUTION.....this place will fill your mailbox, your email, and blackberry, with too much mail. You will need more passwords than you can possibly remember. You will have to change these passwords every 90 days. You will need passwords to access passwords.

You will get blackberry email, only to be followed up by a correction to the email.

You will spend an hour at the end of the tour doing your expense report....well actually two reports. One for cash, one for credit card usage. I have not yet completed one of these reports without making a call to NJs for help.

You will have a union that claims to be the best, only to have all leadership to resign to start a new and improved union (I thought the first was the touted as the best). You will vote to replace IBT with NJASAP, only to have to vote again (the first was a test vote). And if all the leadership has stepped down, who is flying this plane anyway?

Rant off.

(this is a great place, the job is easy. Its this other sh!t that drives me nuts)

Wow. You have one password that needs changing every 90 days. Sorry if that burdens you.

Expense reports... Not that hard. Do your cash one in your hotel or the FBO during the tour. Hit submit when you get home, cash in the bank 2 days later. Do the credit report while on tour too. No need to do any of it at home on your own time. Not quite sure what is so difficult that you need someone to hold your hand to do every report.

As for the union, you can hang whatever name you want from the door, the union is us. Seems like good business sense to me to keep our money in house for our own good than to send it off to someone else's bank account. I look at the names of the NJASAP organizing group, and I'm pretty sure I've seen those names before. Maybe steering this ship in the past.

Not sure the point in this post. Maybe something you ate. Hopefully you got it all off your chest now.

This speaks volumes for the quality of the job when this is the only thing to rant on. Good on all of you there, there's hope for the rest of us.

You will have to change these passwords every 90 days.

Oh, the horrors!

You will need passwords to access passwords.
What are you talking about?

As opposed to my last employer, which kept me totally in the dark. :rolleyes:

You will spend an hour at the end of the tour doing your expense report....
You've been reading you-know-who's rants about the expense reporting system too long. I spend a maximum of 15 minutes on an expense report for a tour, and that's on a busy week. Or do it as you go, which is even more painless.

well actually two reports. One for cash, one for credit card usage.
That's your option. Your other option is to wait a couple of days for the credit transactions to come through, and do one report.

I have not yet completed one of these reports without making a call to NJs for help.
Some people find it harder than others, like many aspects of our job. It gets easier, just like other parts of the job.

You will have a union that claims to be the best, only to have all leadership to resign to start a new and improved union (I thought the first was the touted as the best).

Who
is the union? The union is the pilots, and the leadership. Teamsters didn't "start" anything. 85% of "the union" is simply tired of paying a $1 Million+ franchise fee to IBT each year. Other than the logo on the letterhead, it's the same union.

You will vote to replace IBT with NJASAP, only to have to vote again (the first was a test vote).
If you thought the interests cards were "the vote," then you really need to be better informed about how your union, and the RLA, work.

And if all the leadership has stepped down, who is flying this plane anyway?
"All of the leadership" didn't step down. Many remained behind to keep "flying the plane" during this process.

Get involved. Get informed. You're ranting about things that simply aren't true.

Rant off.

welcome to any job outside of an airline pilot job.

Its all part of the business, no?

Not that I wish this on anyone, but I'll take a stupid expense report and a few hundred emails (communication) over no talk and a furlough anyday.

:0

Last edited:
Welcome to any job outside of an airline pilot job.

Its all part of the business, no?

Not that I wish this on anyone, but I'll take a stupid expense report and a few hundred emails (communication) over no talk and a furlough anyday.

:0

When I listen to some of these guys complain about this stuff, I really have to wonder if they have ever done anything other than flying an aircraft.

CAUTION NJ Wannabes!

Thats what you title this thread? Based on what?

Your idiodic gripes which are comepletely subjective?

Heads up bro but those NJ Wannabes have more than likely fried way bigger fish than those.

This is a prime example of what sucks about message-boards. Total waste of time posts.

Put the beer down.

Latest resources

Back