• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAUTION NJ wannabes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You gotta love doing Concur Expense reports on your off time too!!

Work, work, work.

Why don't you just do them on the road?

The only work I do at home is hit submit and check my bank account. Nothing else is such a priority that it can't wait for the next tour.

Why don't you just do them on the road?

The only work I do at home is hit submit and check my bank account. Nothing else is such a priority that it can't wait for the next tour.

You are right. I will just start carrying all of my home office things with me, including receipts that finally post a week later following the tour.

I wonder if I can fit just one more piece of anything in this bag?

Or... we could have accountant so the accounting and pilots do the flying.

Can I say to all NJ wannabes, CAUTION.....this place will fill your mailbox, your email, and blackberry, with too much mail. You will need more passwords than you can possibly remember. You will have to change these passwords every 90 days. You will need passwords to access passwords.

You will get blackberry email, only to be followed up by a correction to the email.

You will spend an hour at the end of the tour doing your expense report....well actually two reports. One for cash, one for credit card usage. I have not yet completed one of these reports without making a call to NJs for help.

You will have a union that claims to be the best, only to have all leadership to resign to start a new and improved union (I thought the first was the touted as the best). You will vote to replace IBT with NJASAP, only to have to vote again (the first was a test vote). And if all the leadership has stepped down, who is flying this plane anyway?

Rant off.

(this is a great place, the job is easy. Its this other sh!t that drives me nuts)
Hey Sally Slippers, come do my job for a week!

Drive by poster.

My expense reports take an hour or two, get rejected, resubmitted, and take almost 90 days to pay out in some cases. Sometimes it takes a squadron commander to call the ops group commander who mentions the call in a meeting with the wing commander who then calls up another wing commander at another base to get somebody paid.

I wish I was exaggerating, but taking an hour of your own time, and waiting a couple of business days for your money is a non-issue.

By the way, if you get too tired of all of that mail, I will gladly read it if it means taking on a job at NJ.

Skyward80

I'm REALLY peeved that the company refused to buy me sunscreen so I can go for my hike up Diamond Head today without getting burned. Imagine, the ##$%^$#'s make me come to Hawaii for three days and won't protect me from the elements! Where's OSHA???

BTW SKI, Concur and the company card get easier once you've done it for say, 3 or 4 years like we have.

Drive by poster.

My expense reports take an hour or two, get rejected, resubmitted, and take almost 90 days to pay out in some cases. Sometimes it takes a squadron commander to call the ops group commander who mentions the call in a meeting with the wing commander who then calls up another wing commander at another base to get somebody paid.

I wish I was exaggerating, but taking an hour of your own time, and waiting a couple of business days for your money is a non-issue.

By the way, if you get too tired of all of that mail, I will gladly read it if it means taking on a job at NJ.

Skyward80

do it right and that wont happen....mine takes about 10-12 minutes while sitting in the gate on day 7.....then go home and take 17 seconds to print it.

done.

do it right and that wont happen....mine takes about 10-12 minutes while sitting in the gate on day 7.....then go home and take 17 seconds to print it.

done.

I think if you reread his post, you will see that he doesn't work at NetJets. He is comparing his cumbersome report with the one we have to do at NJ.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back