• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jmolina

filam01
To: Pilots that fly currently with Cathay or have an interview

I heard in the grapevine that Cathay is recruiting pilots for both cargo and pax. I wanted to find out what are the requirements to get an interview with this airline? Is a JAA conversion required? Do you need to know someone in the airline to be granted an interview, a word of recommendation? I'm currently working on my ATP license and I have a job offer to fly a lear. Is PIC required to be accepted? Will they accept an FAA license instead? If you can provide this information, this would be a great help towards my goals. I would like to know everything about this awesome company.

Thank you ahead of time.

Search

Just do a search for Cathay, and I'm sure you'll find more than enough info on Cathay, they have been discussed numerous times on this forum.

jmolina said:
To: Pilots that fly currently with Cathay or have an interview

1) I heard in the grapevine that Cathay is recruiting pilots for both cargo and
2) I wanted to find out what are the requirements to get an interview with this airline?
3) Is a JAA conversion required?
4) Do you need to know someone in the airline to be granted an interview, a word of recommendation?
5)I'm currently working on my ATP license and I have a job offer to fly a lear. Is PIC required to be accepted?
6) Will they accept an FAA license instead?

7) Thank you ahead of time.

1) Correct. You will need 1000 hours to apply, but about 3000 to stand a chance as a s/o (pax fleet)

2) see the above

3) No, They will accept any ICAO (that includes FAA) CPL/ATPL

4) No

5) No, (as a S/O) but it sure would help yo getting a interview!

6) Yes

7) You are more then welcome. Keep updating your stuff. And start studying for the interview 2 years ahead of time!

Regards,
FD

Latest resources

Back