• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathay Interview... Say what???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got the e-mail last night for an August interview for a SO position. Handling the Big Jets seems to be the book of choice to study, but I can't find it for less that $100. Am I looking in the wrong places, or is that really what the book is worth?

El Duque said:
I just got the e-mail last night for an August interview for a SO position. Handling the Big Jets seems to be the book of choice to study, but I can't find it for less that $100. Am I looking in the wrong places, or is that really what the book is worth?

www.transair.co.uk

Used to have it anyway.

You might also want to get "Understanding Performance" while you're there.

What are the SO bases?

Hong Kong

I got an email from Cathay for an intial interview. Totally caught me off guard as I was expecting to hear from them in about a year. Anyone know where to begin, where I can download interview questions, what to expect, etc.?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Are you familiar with Eminem's song " Lose Yourself ". Very appropriate. This is your one big shot, don't blow it. Study your butt off up until the interview day. Get professional help from someone like Kathy at:

www.awriteresume.com

She can help on the HR questions.

Good luck,

TP

Last edited:
TP,

That is so funny you should mention Eminem's Lose Yourself. As I was preparing for my Cathay interview back in January through April, that song was always stuck in my head. I am not even a rap fan, but that song hit home.

If anyone hasn't heard of it, I recommend you go to http://music.yahoo.com/ and check it out.

BBB

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it,
You better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime."

The pay starts as soon as you walk in the door. I cleared about 5700 a month my first year including retirement in cash not including per-diem.

Bjammin said:
you don't have the job protections that you have in the states .

Que? Could you be a little more specific. Thanks in advance.

They don't have a very strong union. It is getting much better, but still only about 50% of the pilots belong. You don't have the same legal protections if you lose you job as you do in the states.

However, if you a competant pilot, don't do anything stupid, and have the companies interests at least at the back of your mind you have absolutly nothing to worry about.

Latest resources

Back