• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathay Interview... Say what???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So did the 49 guys that were fired to make an "example" to the rest.

Cathay is a good job if you're furloughed from somewhere or trying to get a crack at the big jets with shiny glass screens.

I wouldn't consider it a career job.

Too many variables, plus it's run by the Brits, need I say more?

Pissed you couldn't make it through the interview process huh?

You know, I don't have to pass info along. I just like to help out guys that may be interested in Cathay or the Navy, but with comments like these it makes me wonder if i'm wasting my time.
So i'm not the best typist or speller, sorry, but at least i'm passing along the best info I have and try to be decent and kind to people on these boards.

Thanks for being such a professional.

I think we (most of us anyway) do appreciate your info. Without it, a lot of guys would be completely lost going into the interview. Don't let guys like this get you down.

Thanks guys!! If you need any info please PM me or if you want to make it public this thread is great.

Great info, BJam. Thanks. I agree that the environment is changing quite a bit. UAL is talking hiring off the street in 2007, AA is FINALLY recalling, UPS, FDX, SWA all hiring, etc. I would think CX has to realize they need to sweeten the pot a little to keep qualified people interested in them. Heard of one acquaintance that had a very confrontational interview with them recently ("anti-American" and "anti-military" was how he described the experience). I know one sea story does not a trend make, but you'd think CX would come to the realization that they are not the only game in town anymore and that the applicants are evaluating them as much as they are evaluating the applicant. Not saying they need to lower their standards, and I'm sure they won't, but would think they need to do more to recruit vs. run people through a boot camp-style interview.

FWIW, I did get an invite for round 1 in Vancouver a few days ago. I'm going to have to turn them down since the day they offered to have me interview was THANKSGIVING! Guess the Brits don't celebrate that one...?

You can change the dates, no problem.

They are no longer the only game in town and with the airline expanding and the need to hire more Americans they do need to change their ways some.

I love it here, but with all that's going on with FedEx, UPS, SWA, CO, and the others starting to recall the number of qualified applicants is going to dry up fast.

After 96 posts this thread reverted back to typical Flightinfo mentality!

Hey, (0) (0), here is something for you:
You're a scab, PFT, ALPA is the greatest, ALPA sucks,... Take those topics back to the regionals or majors forum and discuss them until you're in a state of extacy.

Gawd dang looser, you need a biatch slap upside the head!

so can you Jump seat on US airlines to get to your hub?
I don't work at CX, but a good friend does.

As for jumpseating, generally, no. You aren't flying for a US carrier and thus do not have jumpseat privileges. After some time at CX, you do get discounted tickets on certain carriers. Maybe one of the other guys can speak up about this.

That being said, my friend gets a jumpseat on JetBlue most of the time to JFK, but he has also had to drive the 7 hours to make his show time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back