Cathay interview documentation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mooseflyer

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions related to documentation to bring to the interview. The invite states to bring "ATPL, multi-engine instrument rating, results of any ATP theory examinations," as well as a few other things. My questions are:

1. In the US, the ATP certificate of course IMPLIES an instrument rating. Do I need to document this in some way, or does Cathay know this already and I just recieved a form letter that is sent to everyone?

2. The results of my ATP written were turned in when I took the practical (and I don't have a copy). As far as I know, there is no way to get a copy of a previous ATP written scores. Suggestions?

Thanks gents.

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions related to documentation to bring to the interview. The invite states to bring "ATPL, multi-engine instrument rating, results of any ATP theory examinations," as well as a few other things. My questions are:

1. In the US, the ATP certificate of course IMPLIES an instrument rating. Do I need to document this in some way, or does Cathay know this already and I just recieved a form letter that is sent to everyone?

You've just got the form letter. Don't worry, just bring your original ATP Cert. and you'll be fine.

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

What do you mean? You can't apply for FO with just a CPL.

Don't be so dense man... ;) Did you actually read the letter? It is a form letter which is apparently not exclusively used for US FO Applications.

Yes of course it's a form letter, but if you can provide some of the info requested why not do it? Getting your ATPL score is a fairly simple process and will only set you back $1

Yes of course it's a form letter, but if you can provide some of the info requested why not do it? Getting your ATPL score is a fairly simple process and will only set you back $1

Whatever. The gentleman up there asked whether it's required and it's not. If you want to make yourself more work, then fine, go ahead.

Whether right or wrong I really doubt they're going to be too impressed by your FAA ATP score. The requirement to bring your theory results is aimed at the Euros and Colonials.

The biggest mistake you can make with a CX interview is to treat it the same as an interview with a US carrier.

Latest resources

Back