• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathay base question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that someone mentioned Cathay was hiring onto the 777 for some US bases including LAX (even though it doesn't offer 777 service yet). That wouldn't be a bad thing in my book - you get to visit beautiful destinations like smoggy Mumbai:

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6239283&nseq=67

Nice picture. That said, if someone is hired onto the 777 and it doesn't serve your domicile, are you then just repositioned to HKG to pick up your 777 flights later? Or, are all 777 newhires required to live in HKG initially before they can bid a US base?

SFO is Pax and Cargo, as is LAX. ORD is Cargo, MIA and Dallas will be cargo when we start operating there.

Has anybody confirmed that Dallas is going to be a crew base?

I have heard of interview letters being sent out with Dallas as a crew base:

CREW BASE PORTS

Europe : London, Manchester, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam

USA : Anchorage, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Dallas, Atlanta

Canada : Vancouver, Toronto
Australia : Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth

But I have also heard that it was considered a mistake.

DFW is NOT a base. It is a preferred port only. Apparently the letter sent listed DFW by mistake. MIA and IAH have not been named yet as either bases or pref ports.

Of course, I don't work in Flight Ops mgmt so I could be missing something.

During interview last week in SFO, I asked this very question and was told by HR rep Dallas is, "A very small base with 14 pilots."

You will also notice that SFO is not listed as a base on the DEFO interview brief sheet. I am still confused!

During interview last week in SFO, I asked this very question and was told by HR rep Dallas is, "A very small base with 14 pilots."

You will also notice that SFO is not listed as a base on the DEFO interview brief sheet. I am still confused!

Dallas and SFO are not freight bases.....sfo is a pax/unified base, so if hired today it IS possible to get SFO.

Latest resources

Back