• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Caterpillar? They still operating?

LRvsH25B

Total Time
9K+
A few weeks back I ran into one of their guys and we got to talking at the FBO. He (### ####### I think) worked for Caterpillar and said he was positioning himself to take over the flight department, whatever that means. I was just curious if after yesterday's job cuts they are still around and flying or did Caterpillar's flight department close shop with the other 20,000 people they let go at CAT yesterday? I have a friend in the Chicago area looking, and I was going to have him send ####### a resume. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

matchthehatch

Total Time
A few weeks back I ran into one of their guys and we got to talking at the FBO. He (########## I think) worked for Caterpillar and said he was positioning himself to take over the flight department, whatever that means. I was just curious if after yesterday's job cuts they are still around and flying or did Caterpillar's flight department close shop with the other 20,000 people they let go at CAT yesterday? I have a friend in the Chicago area looking, and I was going to have him send ####### a resume. Thanks.

Don't know him, but I'd bet he wouldn't want his name so publicly aired. You may want to ask for a PM from anyone that works at Caterpillar.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
At the very least I would use initials - never a full name. Regardless, get the moderator to help erase that.

lazyace75

Total Time
I was just notified that "he" was part of the 20,000 layed off. Not sure about others within the dept. though.