• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

CASS Question??

pnjohn75

commuting sucks
Total Time
5000+
To all:

Being new to CASS.... What are the standard procedures to use CASS, other than a passport? Are they the same at other carriers with CASS?

Do you need to list, create a PNR, call a specific 800#, prior to showing at the gate, etc.......

What does your airline want OAL pilots to do? And what is the specific number to list if you need to?

Especially AA, Delta, and NWA......

Thanks everyone

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
I am certain your jumpseat coordinator can answer those questions for you.

Not meant to be rude in any way, but it is safety sensitive info.

FL280

Total Time
Yep......this stuff dosn't need to be on a public message board.:cool:

enigma

good ol boy
Total Time
>1500
pnjohn75, I'm still unsure about these things myself. If I knew, I'd be happy to post it here.

Dizel8 and FL280, If the CASS system is secure as it is intended, basic knowledge, like how to list for a flight, will not in any way compromise security. CASS was designed to preclude anyone from getting into a cockpit unless they can be verified as current 121 pilot. pnjohn wasn't asking how CASS works, he's asking how to simplify his jumpseat experience. Chill out.

enigma

tubularbelle

As a CSR for HP I can tell you that all I need from you (if jumpseating with us) is your company ID...Your airline has to also be actively using the system. I just enter your airline code and id number and the computer does the rest and it prints out an ok that you are an active pilot with the carrier..Other than that it is to be handled as any other time you have jumpseated (walk up to the gate and fill out the JS form)