CASS and Int'l Jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Is JSing internationally any different/easier now that some of us have CASS? How does it work? I'll be trying to get to Cozumel and since Delta has limited service there hitching a ride with someone else would make things a lot easier for me.

Sorry for the newbie question but all the International travel I have done has been on the airline I had/have benefits with.

I'd be originating in ATL, but I can get to whatever airport I need to.

I'm looking for alternatives to Delta's limited service and I haven't had to deal with jumpseating internationally yet so I don't know exactly what I can or can't do offline.

Hi!

I don't think CASS works for "international" travel (Canada, for example, is NOT international on NWA). I'm almost 100% sure that the gate agents in MX can't access CASS, so you'll have to fly in the back.

JS to Mexico is no big deal. I went to MX on ATA and returned on USAir-no problems. It does take a while in MX, so get to the ticket counter way early (I couldn't do it at the gate). You'll also have to pay the taxes, etc. associated with international travel.

cliff
YIP

Thanks for the info Cliff. That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. I'm just a bit behind the power curve since most every other time I've gone Int'l I've used my travel benefits and simply listed as a non-rev. Other than a trip to Nassau on Chalk's back in 2001 the offline thing is new to me.

Latest resources

Back