Caribou Types??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twiceskunkeddog said:
Anyone know who does training on the DHC-4?

I don't know of anyone in the US actually operating them. There was a guy here in Anchorage who operated a couple but they got wrecked and he's out of business. Ther ewas also an outfit in hte lower 48 which was working on getting a turbine conversion certificated, but thier prototype crashed. I don't know what became of them. I'm thinking that the best place to look is in Canada. That would be the most likely place to find somone operating them. If you wanted to get a type on a US certificate, maybe you could arrange for a US fed to observe a checkride given by a Canadian outfit. I think that's going to be a tough one to get.

Thanks,

There is a company called penturbo that has the stc now, but all their website stuff is dated 2003. So who knows if they're still in business. They're out of cape may, nj.

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
Thanks,

There is a company called penturbo that has the stc now, but all their website stuff is dated 2003. So who knows if they're still in business. They're out of cape may, nj.

TSD
I saw a turbine DH-4 land in Cross Keys, NJ about 6 years ago, maybe this operator.

Latest resources

Back