Caribbean Bound!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propilotdave

flying alaska and will have 1400/50 when I leave in october. must fly the caribbean, life goal. Looking for advice on companies and or proper avenues to stroll upon. thanks, dave

Look up Seabourne (sp?) Airlines while you are in Alaska. I believe they fly Twin Otter seaplanes in Alaska in the summer and the Virgin Islands in the winter.

propilotdave,

This AM on the aviation employment Board website, Seaborne Airlines is advertising for pilots. Oddly, while they require float time for the capts, there is no mention of that as a reqmt for FO's...maybe just an oversight. But, FO's need 1500/500. If Dream Date would let me, I'd take a shot at it...if no float time is a requirement, I'm "qualified".

Seaborne Airlines
attn: Human Resources
34 Strand St.
Christiansted, St. Croix,
USVI 00820

Plus, there is a link to download an application via the AEB website.

Last edited:
Well, it can't be much of a job...just something you'd do on a lark.

propilotdave,

Well, Seaborne Airlines changed their job posting today to require a seaplane rating for FO's...1500/500 + AMES. Email: [email protected]

Are there really THAT many guys floating ( no pun intended ) around with AMES ratings with a DHC-6 rating ? The job looks like a kick. I rode an Otter on floats from the harbor in YVR to Victoria one time...Day, VFR operation ( now you're talking my language ), backed the thing out of the slip...put-putted out into the harbor a bit...looked both ways...and blasted off !! 500'...saw a pod of orcas...touched down a lot closer to the shore in Victoria than looked appropriate ( for a land pilot, that is ), pulled up to the dock after some fancy throttle/reverse work...no sweat. Ever since then, I've wanted to fly one of those things. It's got to be a kick.

good times

ill tell ya it does sound like it'd be a great time. I think its all about the location and mission, even if the job is hit or miss you'll still love it. we've all heard the age old saying-the best job you ever had was the one you just left and the one your looking into. Point-lets go fly...

Fiji anyone???

http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/airlines/introduction.html

awesome website with the local companies all over the south pacific. just point, click, apply, grab the wife, kids, sell the house, kennel the dog and goooo!!!
or divorce the wife, sell the dog, the house, grab your underwear and goooo!!
seriouosly, good spot to check out other tropical flying paradi. Fiji-Twin otters 3000/2-300. 1 year contract for "expatriots"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back