• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Cargo - Widebody Pay Comparisons

ironwedge

Total Time
~9000
The same link at APC that was 737 Capt pay yesterday is now "Cargo Airline Widebody Pay Comparison: Captains". Wonder why they can't all of them posted?

This one is has monthly guarantees, longevity steps, hour rate comparisons, and monthly pay based on guarantees.

Pretty friggin cool!

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/132/56/

pilot141

Professional Cynic
Total Time
5,000+
Yeah, but that chart does not tell all!

Namely: UPS has a single rate for CA, regardless of the airframe. The chart could have compared UPS 727 CA to FDX 727 CA and shown that UPS makes more per hour AND has a higher guarantee.

Also, I don't know why they would use Year 2 numbers. A 2-year Captain just doesn't happen at UPS or FDX (even these days). FDX numbers top out at 15-year pay, so they will be lower in earlier years. A more realistic comparision would show either 10-year CA pay or Max CA pay.

Don't be suckered by the pretty charts!

ironwedge

Total Time
~9000
pilot141 said:
Namely: UPS has a single rate for CA, regardless of the airframe. The chart could have compared UPS 727 CA to FDX 727 CA and shown that UPS makes more per hour AND has a higher guarantee.

So UPS cannot be compared? OK, I find the info useful anyway.

pilot141 said:
Also, I don't know why they would use Year 2 numbers. A 2-year Captain just doesn't happen at UPS or FDX (even these days). FDX numbers top out at 15-year pay, so they will be lower in earlier years. A more realistic comparision would show either 10-year CA pay or Max CA pay.

Uhhh, you saw the bar on the left that says "LONGEVITY" right? You can click any year, 2 - 15 to see the rate comparisons for that year. Even year 10 AND year 15. My guess is that there are book rates for year 2, and that's why it was included.

Cheers -

720degpersec

Total Time
Some
Ok,

I found the charts for Capt A-320 and B-747...

United and USAir, I feel for you...

ironwedge

Total Time
~9000
720degpersec said:
ok, maybe I could share the link, would be nice :

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/

Link goes to the site front page, are you sure that's the link? I'd like to see the 320 and widebody rates.

dojetdriver: I think it's a Flash movie...that's what the post in the APC forums said anyway, at around 150kb it might take a moment to load.