Cargo(UPs) vs. People...lifestyle issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Days off

What are the typical days on/off schedule at UPS, for both domestic and international. I've heard 7/7, but don't know for sure.

Thanks for all that info myq2u, that was very insightful, and to Megadeth, yeah, I've considered that too, and I am leaning towards hanging out til I get to 1000 hours PIC. It just sux right now being on reserve and hardly ever getting called, though the time off is nice...

i saw stated that the time of flying depends on what fleet type youre in.
A good question here is what types are they hiring in to and will that remain a consistent practice of hiring when there is hiring to be done? whats the most common type to be hired into right now and as such a newhire, whats the schedule to be expected in such a position?

I used to do feeder work for UPs. I slept 4 hours in the mjiddle of the night and 4 hours in the day. over 2+ years time of this 5 nights a week, my body was never as sicke as often as it was and job performance suffered. even tho i might total 8 hours of sleep in a day, splitting it up in 4 hours blocks every 8 leads to fatigue and doing stupid things. I couldnt do all 8 hours in the daytime becuase groceries have to be bought and life things have to take place. Family life sucks when your asleep during life. I don't want to ever go thorugh that again. i think the thread starter wants to know how to avoid such an issue and if going the UPS-FedEx way, how soon after starting that will he be able to sleep 8 hours straight at night and how often.

also how do you adjust back and forth day/night for when youre not at work? those are my questions.

Latest resources

Back