Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dave Benjamin

an over 40 victim of fate
I'm a 121 regional captain trying to find commuting alternatives to F9, AS, and UAL. If you company operates between between PDX/SEA and anywhere near DEN please send me a PM.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave Benjamin said:
I'm a 121 regional captain trying to find commuting alternatives to F9, AS, and UAL. If you company operates between between PDX/SEA and anywhere near DEN please send me a PM.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Try Ameriflight. I know we have several flights between Portland and Seattle. Not sure if we have anything out of Denver though. You can call our 1-800-800-4538 nubmer and ask for Dispatch. They will have more information on schedules and if you are on our jumpseat list or not.

I'm pretty sure we kicked AMF off our list a while back. They had a pretty crazy system where you had to track down one specific person in order to jumpseat.

I can drive or jumpseat on QX to SEA. What I'm really interested in is if there are some alternatives to battling with all the other commuters for the jumpseat to get to the DEN area.

try the kitty hawk jumpseat

Kitty Hawk might be worth a try.
They fly out of pdx&sea and DEN each weeknight. You will have to go throough Fort Wayne, IN but the jumpseat is reliable and their fwa hub is only a few years old. The crews are friendly as is Mike the dispatcher in fwa.
Call 1-800-468-3257...option 4 to list yourself. Have a copy of you lcnc, medical and employee ID ready to fax to the company in advance....24 hour notice suggested.
I hope this helps.

Airnet

If you are on their list, give Airnet a call. They have flights M-Th that depart PDX at around 7:45pm and fly nonstop to APA. Return flights depart APA at 5-6am Tues-Fri with a quick stop in HLN then on to PDX. Their number is 800-999-1201, then press 6, then 1. This should get you to a dispatcher who can help you check the jumpseat availability, then list you for a flight if desired.

Good luck!
Flywest

Dave Benjamin said:
I'm pretty sure we kicked AMF off our list a while back. They had a pretty crazy system where you had to track down one specific person in order to jumpseat.

How did you come to that?

you call the number WE answer and tell the Scheduals.

At the moment we onyl accept southwest pilots, and AMF personal.

I get calls for jumpseats. I ask them what day there lookin to go. Where they want to go, tell em the scheduals and go from there.

Simple as that.

As for tracking down a person, I could see it on the weekends seeing BUR is the only base with a dispatcher. Mabye trying to track down someone at another base. In all cases call BUR!

I didn't want to make a big deal of it but since you're raising the BS flag I'd suggest you talk to one of the people who has been around there for a while.

Policy used to be you had to speak with Stu Schrock personally to arrange the jumpseat. I understand Stu is no longer there so perhaps AMF handles jumpseats differently. Our pilots didn't want to jump through a hoop to jumpseat on AMF aircraft when all they had to do to jumpseat on us was show up at the gate with an ID.

Latest resources

Back