Cargo flying in Salt lake city/utah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walangtakot

Hello I am a 1200 hr pilot with 100 mult in a seneca and 120hrs. instrument and looking for any opportunities to get multi/135 time in this area any leads or advice appreciated!
thanks.

Why fool around with cargo, i.e. Ameriflight ... go straight to SkyWest!

TransMach

As per the previous post, why punish yourself? Apply to SkyWest, after the first year, enjoy better pay, working conditions and quality of life!

agreed. But if you chose punishment there is Western Air Cargo, Ameriflight, both are cargo. Bank air is no more in Salt Lake. . . ahhhhhh I can't think of any more. Good luck, kinda slim pickins in SLC if you don't wanna go to SW

I was never a better pilot then after flying cargo out of SLC for Ameriflight. Better scan, skills, knowledge of weather. But my QOL increased exponentially after leaving for a regional 121.

Corporate Air (C208's), American Check (MU2's) and Empire (ATR) are some others in SLC.

Ameriflight is a good option to build your resume. You can "skip" SkyWest.

6 month Metro upgrades are a reality around here. An ATP, a Metro type rating, and a year and a half worth of turbine PIC will get your resume further than a year and a half in the right seat at Skywest, and will pay more. It's not a bad option.

I flew 402's out of SLC for Aero Charter back in 2003 - 04. Not sure if they are still there but they were a solid company with easy routes and descent pay. There headquarters are in ABQ if you need to look them up. Good luck.

A company called D&D Aviation. Others call it dungeons and dragons! Call the Falcon for an interview.

Latest resources

Back