• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlaskaLoad

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/629458/-/ul2fk8/-/index.html

tarapour20090725043241390.JPG

An Astral cargo plane has crash landed at Kenya's Jomo Kenyatta International airport blocking the runway, a Press TV correspondent reports.

Planes scheduled to land at the airport are now being diverted.

No details of casualties have been reported so far.

Astral Aviation is a cargo airline based in Nairobi, Kenya. It was established in November 2000 and started operations in January 2001.

It operates non-scheduled and ad hoc charters to regional destinations in Africa. Its main base is Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, in Nairobi.

Last edited:
Atpcliff

Astral is who atpcliff works for ... everybody cross your fingers !!

TransMach

Last edited:
Hi!

I heard that last night, too! Someone called me. I'm like, the plane didn't even fly today!

Astral has the -9 (which I fly), and two Caravans. One of the Caravans landed in NBO and blew a tire. It was on the runway for about 15' until the could tow it off.

Unfortunately, for everyone else, NBO only has ONE runway! It was closed for about an hour for towing and FOD patrol, and a number of very large aircraft from Europe and Asia were diverted to Mombasa, Kenya, because of the blown tire.

This am (Sat) we flew to Mwanza, Tanzania and back, with mining equipment. Next flight is Tue.

We are quoting a trip NBO-Bangui, Central African Republic-N'DJemena, Chad-NBO. I hope we get it, as I always (well, usually...Berbera, Somaliland was a little unsettling) like going to new airports and new countries! Both of the airports have long runways (>8,000') and ILSs.

cliff
NBO

atpcliff

atpcliff,

So glad to hear that you are fine ... I watched the other thread with interest as we have run a lot of trips through Western Africa this year.

I'm on a quick ZBAA turn and gotta sleep but ... really good to know you're fine.

Tell Randy "Hey" for me if you talk with him.

TransMach

Latest resources

Back