• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo Boards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if they were low or high time pilots, if they did the academy or FBO route, instructed or not and all other extraneous/contributing factors that make you a super pilot that is "desired" by the airlines both Regionals and Majors.

Not sure how coincidental this is but there seems to be a fair amount of accidents of which have been recently reported where one of the pilots deceased or otherwise (in this case) was about to leave and start a new flying job elsewhere.

I heard from several folks it was the guys last flight as he was retiring.. I guess he decided to go out with style!

I'll go out on a limb and say it was his last flight. I don't know about retirement, though.

hah prolly his last flight for a loong time

Dude, if you can roll a 707 during a demo flight, I guarantee a Lear would be easy. Besides that, aerobatics are all about finesse. Especially when doing a Bob Hoover while drinking the coffee maneuver. I bet the Lear has a faster roll than a Commander easily. That airplane is nothing but ailerons. Finesse my brothas. Treat the airplane like a woman and glide into it whatever it is you are doing.

Interesting. I would say that a pilot who can roll a Learjet doesn't need to be flying any passengers around.

C

He should have the skills to do it, but the judgement not to.

Latest resources

Back