Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I PMd Dakota, hope he's satisfied.

A few questions remain.

1. Why do you put up with 20 day rotations for around 65 hrs of operating? Am I missing something? Your August bid packet took awhile to decipher, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice. It doesn't seem very efficient.

2. The Mil leave verbage is illegal. Slinky was kind enough to point us to the text. Is this how it realy works or are your Mil guys able to get off the time you need without question?

3. SAI's maitenance reputation is poor. Do you agree or disagree? Why? How many MCOs do carry on the books generally?

These two things are No-Go items for me. The second one I can fix, but I'ld rather hear from SAI pilots before goig down the FederaLegal road. But #1, what's up?

We are hoping that with the 3 new hire classes coming on the line soon we will start to get a break with the 20 day rotations. When I hired on I was told that they were working on about 15 days out with 5 days of home reserve. Lets hope with proper staffing that will be a reality You are correct about the poor utilization of crews though. I recently spent exactly 20 days out and only blocked 43 hours. That sucks and needs to change. Just as Cargo 360 was working on getting better, so is SAI. It will take time to make these changes. Lets hope for the best.

Any new news

What happened with the meetings in ANC. Any of the SAI and C 360 boys get together at the Polar bar. Inquiry minds want to know.

The meetings from what I understand were a meet and greet type deal. I heard the Union reps at SA were really hoping to make SA more like C360. Not a lot of C360 guys attended from what I hear because of the flying schedule.

I also heard from the meetings that the C360 pilots "make a decision date" on whether to take the severance and leave or go over to SA got pushed back till October. I think the original date was in early September. Maybe someone actually there can chime in.

We should be getting lots of info on this the end of the week.

Latest rumor is the SAI scheduling dept. is going to be overhauled.

They will be outsourcing scheduling to a company out of Atlanta. I think they plan to do a 10 on/ 5 off schedule.

A note to SAI guys: Don't call up your schedulers and tell them they are out of work. From what I understand they will be kept on.

sounds like Cargo360's scheduling team is coming in. This is great news for SA. They are all ex delta guys who average about 30 years of part 121 sceduling experience. They are fair and once the staffing gets up they will improve more on the 10 on 5 off.

I don't want 10 on 5 off. 5 days is not enough time at home to recooperate after 10 days out. I would rather see 14 on 14 off. I don't know if I am in the majority though.

I don't want 10 on 5 off. 5 days is not enough time at home to recooperate after 10 days out. I would rather see 14 on 14 off. I don't know if I am in the majority though.

That is a very good point, 5 days will fly by before you know it. For longhaul freight, I believe it should equal the number of days on duty ie, 10 on 10 off or 14 & 14. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get your body back to normal after a couple of laps around the globe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back