Careful Taxing at SBN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HoserASA

The current Jepp chart for the airport diagram at SBN does not reflect the recent extension of Rwy 18/36 from 6100' to 7100', nor the extension of Twy N from Twy B to the new approach end of rwy 36. I can see where one could taxi out from the terminal on Twy B to the "old" approach end of Rwy 36 and take-off from there, leaving 1000' of rwy behind.

ASA does use 7100' for takeoff data, and there is a NOTAM out for the new length.

When we taxied out the other morning, we slowed at the intersection of Twy B and Twy N, and the Ground Ctlr read our minds when he stated "yeah, you need to turn left, alot of confusion on this going on". He was very helpful providing me with info so that I could write it up. Be careful.

Hoser

I may have to report this post to the mods. A post that actually contains useful information, may enhance safety, and doesn't start a flame war......Must be nearly a first in FI history.

Well done.

I may have to report this post to the mods. A post that actually contains useful information, may enhance safety, and doesn't start a flame war......Must be nearly a first in FI history.

Well done.

dont worry. it will be buried by 10 pages of expressjet vs. psa and other sjs threads by the end of the day.

Thanks for a positive post, even though I don't fly into there. Screw ND, Boiler up!

HHHmmmm.....takeoff data dictated on 7100 feet of runway....NOTAM'd 7100 feet of runway....ATIS probably said something......what's the problem? Not to flame you, but Jepps aren't replaced the next day. Or maybe I'm just confused right now.....

HHHmmmm.....takeoff data dictated on 7100 feet of runway....NOTAM'd 7100 feet of runway....ATIS probably said something......what's the problem? Not to flame you, but Jepps aren't replaced the next day. Or maybe I'm just confused right now.....

The taxiways are incorrect. If you follow the Jepp diagram, you will take off with 6100 feet of runways. That's the problem that he is referring too. Thanks for the heads up Hoser.

Latest resources

Back