Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
I've got a friend thats looking for a solid job back in his home area.

ATP, CFI, jet type rating with a good amount of time as PIC in transport category A/C in 121 ops, but open to something in the 135 charter or air ambulance or the 91 world flying turboprops, jets, etc.

Unfortunately, pay has to be a major consideration (due to the financial requirements of the geography).

Around 100k.

Sadly, I'm not joking...

Any leads to help this good friend out?

Rogue5 said:
I've got a friend thats looking for a solid job back in his home area. ATP, CFI, jet type rating with a good amount of time as PIC in transport category A/C in 121 ops, but open to something in the 135 charter or air ambulance or the 91 world flying turboprops, jets, etc.

Unfortunately, pay has to be a major consideration (due to the financial requirements of the geography).

Around 100k.

Sadly, I'm not joking...

Flying jobs at $100K even in the bay area are hard to come by. HP tends to have an opening in their SJC flight dept. from time to time. ACM across the field is another option. IASCO in Napa is looking. Salary may be an issue.

hate to say it, but i dont know any operator who is gonna pay 100 to a guy with no experience either in type, or in operation...much less none in either.

now i know that if you start with an operation and stay with them, there are companies out there that you can make ~100 after a few years...but dont expect that to be the norm ;)

Rogue5 said:
I've got a friend thats looking for a solid job back in his home area.

ATP, CFI, jet type rating with a good amount of time as PIC in transport category A/C in 121 ops, but open to something in the 135 charter or air ambulance or the 91 world flying turboprops, jets, etc.

Around 100k.

Sadly, I'm not joking...

You don't really say much about your "friends" real experience but, I would suggest that he toss an application in at TAG Aviation. They generally hire only very experienced pilots with serious corporate backgrounds BUT, the SFO factor is real and cannot be denied. So sometimes they have a little difficulty in filling a bay area job just for the problems you have mentioned. 100K is not out of line for a corporate job in the bay area. Give it a try and see what happens. Certainly nothing to be lost in the effort.

Good luck!

Tell your friend to give up on aviation, and just start working the streets in the Mission District. He'll clear a 100k in six months :pimp:

Latest resources

Back