Career Fair Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetjam619

Im planning on going to a career seminar soon...its my first one. Alot of the airlines there want 1000hrs PIC or more...Im close with 800.....is it a waste of time if you dont meet the mins yet? Or should I go anyway to meet contacts.

I would still go, but that is coming from a military guy who didn't have much information about the airlines at that time.

You could attend again once you have your PIC time with fresh new resumes in your hand.

I started going to the career fairs when I had only 550 PIC or so. To an extent, it was good. I think that the advantage is that you can make some contacts, which never hurt. It also shows the airline that you are gunning for that you're interested. If they continue to see you at job fairs, then they'll eventually remember you when you do have the time, that's what happend to me. Another advantage is that the more job fairs you go to, you get better at talking to recruiters and know what questions to ask, and what not to ask.

I would say that the disadvantages are that they aren't cheap to attend! Plus, you have to consider travel costs. If you have jumpseat priveleges, great. However, there is still a hotel to think about, depending on the time of the career fair and if there are flights to get out on that night.

I attended 5 career fairs within 12 months. I must say that I'm kinda sick of attending them, but if it gets me a job, I'll be glad that I did it. I am planning on taking a break for a few months.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Your Welcome!!! Good luck...

I went to the women in aviation conference in february
I only had 750 turbine 121 pic.
It was a great experience.
i had a lot of "thanks but no thanks" (especially because of my lack of glass/jet time) but i also had a lot of encouraging words from alaska airlines,frontier, airtran, southwest (they offered me to be part of their mentoring program).
I would definitely advice to go.

Latest resources

Back