• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Career Fair July 13 ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to one of them things way back when in 96... Avjobs I think it was called, held at the International Convention Center in ATL.

I was a waste IMHO, most of the recruiters there were not good at answering questions and one from AWA seemed almost indignant towards the group I was with.

Two hundred bucks seems a bit pricey to get in, if I recollect I only had to shell out 35 or 40 dollars and fill out about 5 or so forms that ultimately landed my name, addy and underwear size on every blooming junk mail list this side of Pluto.

TMMT

Air Inc.

I think he is talking about the Air Inc job fair.....

The key to answering you is this. Assess yourself correctly. Your profile shows a ton of aircraft and time. Is there an airline that is going ot be there that is really hiring and how do you fit into that carrier.

If there is, it is worth it, if not skip it.

The question is who are you going to see and when will they be hiring, you know really hiring becasuse them being at this deal means nothing. You will learn as much about that here.

Yes; I meant the AIR Job Fair. It sounds like FedEx, Southwest, and Alaska, among others, will be there and yes I think it probably is worth my time and money to try to get some face-to-face time.

I dont know about Air Inc, but I got my interview by going to the AEPS job fair, I paid 10 bucks as a member for admission, I think non-members paid 20. So, for me it was worth it. But there werent a whole lot of companies recruiting pilots. ACA, Comair, Southwest, Spirit, FlexJet, and FlightOptions were hiring and a couple of the smaller regionals were taking resumes but saying that they weren't hiring at that time. I would recommend it to anybody, but only if you have realistic flight times to be competetive.

some further points

As far as those you mentioned.

Southwest goes to AEPS and others like WIA, you can see them for a lot less money. Alaska is not hiring very many this year, maybe more next year, but you better have a silver bullet and already be in there database one way or the other or you are wasting time.

Fedex, with your times if you have not already interviewed with them, you may not be competitive. not from a time standpoint, you may have too much.

I just hung up from Comair, they got 282 resumes at the AEPS job fair which they rated.

Like I said before, evaluate yourself. If you want to, send me a pm with your info and I will look at it and give you my thoughts.

Never been to an Air Inc. cattle call. I assume everyone wears thier interview suits? and do you personalize your resumes to each individual airline or do most people just have stack of generics?

I have been to both.... AEPS for the money is well worth it, AIR Inc.. Well, it is hard to compare when AIR inc is almost 8 times the price of AEPS for the SAME thing.

I got interview's and offers from both events so was it worth it? Yes....

You pay AIR inc for a lot more than just the fair. The actual part you are probably really interested in (face to face time) is about 3-4 hours on the last day of the event and the end of the day.

AIR Inc tends to "build up" the event with names of companies who they "wish" would be there, as the time get's closer the list of companies get smaller and smaller.
Currently they claim American Eagle is going to be at the show for pilots (how about those guys still on furlough?)

Resumes -- it does not hurt to individualize them or even leave them generic. You will be lucky to get 5 minutes with a recruiter, so the resume is just an extension of yourself.

Dress, the interview blue suit and plan on standing on long lines.

Evalute yourself and the companies that are actually going to be present. Some "may not" be worth your time, so for the money how many will you ACTUALLY meet with? $200 to meet with 10 or $200 to meet with 2?

Just for the record I've never owned a blue suit in my life - I've always worn a tasteful grey business suit I got at Nordstrom's which has served me well and I don't plan on changing.

Latest resources

Back