• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Career Decision about Eagle?

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Total Time
Un Mil
Need some Advice---Eagle sent me a application with a deadline (it passed) to turn it in, Did'nt do it because of another flying obligation I thought would come through for me, This other obligation fell through Now I'm kicking myself.........Do you think I should bother following up with Eagle? Would it look really unprofessional to try and turn in the app and contact HR even though the deadline to reply has already passed?

Last edited:

flyby

Total Time
?

Yeah it's going to look a little suspect but what do you have to lose?

Good luck!! (with Eagle and not getting banned with your avatar)

nimtz

Total Time
?
Yeah the moderators must not be awake yet. EDIT: good decision man.

Last edited:

T-prop

Ab Initio is the best...
Total Time
Fact: You won't get hired if you don't apply (reapply)

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
Don't send it now.
Just in case they won't accept it after the deadline, you could call and ask whether they received it as you haven't been contacted or been sent a follow-up letter. Maybe they'll send another one out or tell you they're not accpeting any more resumes. But since you did receive one, you should still be elligable.

Anyway, I would assume most people who send these things in do it through certified mail, where you'll receive notcie when it's delivered.
Perhaps it was stated to do so on the application.

Good luck.

RJET

Total Time
MILLER
Screwed them. Go some where else if you have the option.

tk855

Total Time
3000+
I almost guarantee you they will accept it from you. I know for a fact that we still need to hire quite a few people. If they have someone who wants to work here, they will not turn you away. Good luck.

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Total Time
You should still call if you still want to fly for us.

We're having trouble filling what small classes we're running, due to the fact that no one wants to come be an FO for the forseeable future. We have a large turnover for that reason, the majority being FOs.

That being said, Eagle is a great group of people to fly with, the airplanes are well maintained, the paycheck never bounces, and there's just a tad more stability than at some other airlines right now. You usually have your choice of several different bases when you are hired, and you can transfer to a base of your liking.

It is an awkward situation to have ignored the invitation because of a better opportunity. Just call and explain your situation, and if you're polite, I'd guess they'll give you a shot.

Good luck!

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Total Time
Un Mil
RJET said:
Screwed them. Go some where else if you have the option.

Nahh, Can't....CFI's get no love when vying for that first gig?

RJET

Total Time
MILLER
in the case, call them or send them another resume what do u have to lose?

amcnd

Total Time
Eagle was great!! but I left after 6 years!! because I still hade 6 years to go for a upgrade... Im not kidding !! I wish I was.. try all the others then Eagle last..

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Total Time
Un Mil
DOES Eagle have a 1 year contract for all new hires?

Atccfi

Total Time
>2k
I am not sure if you got it via mail or email... (mine came in through email) but if it came in through email, just tell them it went to your spam folder and you were going through to delete them and happened to see it... or tell the truth ( you can't go wrong with that, even if they turn you away). The only guarantee is you will have no shot if you don't try...

PS - I don't see anything wrong with your avatar... looks like a guy playing a trumpet.... ;)

Last edited:

Burt Reynolds

El Bandido
Total Time
'nuff
dueguard1 said:
DOES Eagle have a 1 year contract for all new hires?

If by contract you mean that if you leave before 1 year, you owe them something, then no. There is a year of probation though...