career choices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

Hey everyone, just looking for some opinions out there.
Had a buddy get hired at Mesaba and Skywest, he said yes to both jobs, but went out to training at Mesaba. He then decided that he didnt like it at Mesaba, and now he is going to Skywest next week. Would you have done the same thing. I told him that in that situation he couldnt have made a bad choice as to which to work for. Hell I envy the kid for having two choices like that, I wish we could all be so lucky!

How did your friend leave? Did he quit and tell them that he is going someplace else?, and will Skywest find out that he left while he was in training? Either way in my opinion I would think that it does not look good from an employers standpoint. Yes or no?

Give a hoot. Don't commute.

ImbracableCrunk said:
Give a hoot. Don't commute.

Correct. Be based @ or close to where you live is priceless. SKYW puts the West in the job offer. If your from there, it should be an easy choice.

Detroitpilot22 said:
Hey everyone, just looking for some opinions out there.
Had a buddy get hired at Mesaba and Skywest, he said yes to both jobs, but went out to training at Mesaba. He then decided that he didnt like it at Mesaba, and now he is going to Skywest next week. Would you have done the same thing. I told him that in that situation he couldnt have made a bad choice as to which to work for. Hell I envy the kid for having two choices like that, I wish we could all be so lucky!

You envy huh? I'm a reserve capt at skywest and I have not seen my wife in a week , one day off and another 4 on ! Do you still envy? oh ya , Skywest will make you fly the 70 seater for 50seat pay!

My Buddy is a EMB 120 Guy for SKW, he is based in SBA and lives in the VNY area he is also flying reserve but let me tell you this Guy has got a system going so much in his favor it is sick.. He fly's four days a week and is home almost every night. He keeps his car in VNY and a motorcycle in SBA or visa-versa. Then he takes a flight back to LAX at the end of the night and the flyaway back to VNY to his own bed and kitchen. This Guy is loving Life!!

CheckandSet said:
You envy huh? I'm a reserve capt at skywest and I have not seen my wife in a week , one day off and another 4 on ! Do you still envy? oh ya , Skywest will make you fly the 70 seater for 50seat pay!

Check out AWAC. Never less than 2 days off in a row, per the contract. I gotta say, your pay at Skywest isn't too bad, but it's your work rules that you need help with. Is ALPA any closer?

DirkkDiggler said:
Check out AWAC. Never less than 2 days off in a row, per the contract. I gotta say, your pay at Skywest isn't too bad, but it's your work rules that you need help with. Is ALPA any closer?

yeah ALPA is very close...its at ASA

Latest resources

Back