• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

career advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in the National Guard, not active duty. So, no it doesnt count toward federal service. I did however, last year apply with the customs and border protection. If Iget on withthem, maybe I can slide into an aviation position. Well, gotta run.

i'm also early 30's and trying hard to get into this industry without PFT'ing it. i checked into the army national guard. they will train you make you an officer (you already are) and the pay is good. that is one way to get your heli cert. i'm working on my CFI now, and really don't see myself doing basic so it's not an option for me. i have the means for PFT, but i don't want to risk the stain. CFI is hard. the payoff i hope is worth it.

Officers dont go through basic training. In order to fly you have to be an officer or warrent officer. And its a whole differant procedure then enlisted people. They go through officer commissioning programs. I dont fly in the ilitary cause of my vision and my age, but I am thinking of trying to get awaiver. I have been inthe military for 16 years and realize that anything can be waived by the right person. Its a long shot but Imay just try.

they told me they don't care about glasses anymore...it's a new thing? also they told me i would have to thru basic. dunno. just my .02 cent

Latest resources

Back