• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Carbon Monoxide On A Pinnacle Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He couldn't hear people callin him cause he was listening to his Ipod!

The TSA however would not let him into the airport because they felt his hair spikes were a weapon.

I'll bet a water separator sock was burning up. People smell these things stinkng all the time, and mx never actually fixes or replaces them.
I used work on these things and I’ve never known of any to “burn up”. The sock that you are referring to is called a “coalescer” and it stays wet from separating water. I just don’t see how a wet coalescer sock could possibly burn. They do get nasty and make the plane smell awful but I don’t recall anything in the maintenance manual that indicates any problems with them burning or causing carbon monoxide. Mx is required to change them at required inspections intervals but we all know that’s not enough to keep the funky smell out.

Honestly, trippin from the hair gel is more likely than a wet sock burning. However, I do hope you are correct, then the fed’s will have to ground every CRJ in the country for coalescer replacement and I will get Christmas off for sure!

Last edited:
Last time that happened to me, it was the Que Bueno spicy chorizo and cheese mixing with the last nights spicy chicken wings and Budwiser, it was like mustard gas only more corrosive, the seat cushion was declared HazMat, and burned.
PBR

donned their oxygen masks while climbing through FL290 out of Minneapolis and reported that they were both feeling "different" sounding focussed on the task of flying the airplane but with great difficulty. They decided to divert to Grand Rapids,MI, where the controller cleared them to land on any runway of their choice. Later they reported they both got numb feet and numb toes, felt light headed and had trouble thinking.
Airport officials reported, they found traces of carbon monoxide in the cockpit air. The pilots recovered quickly and are fine again. None of the passengers or cabin crew was affected.

Sounds fishy.. pure O2 with masks at 290?, assuming they kept it on through the descent and landing. Once on O2 things should have cleared up, especially for the 20+ minute descent and approach. Treatment for CO poisoning is 100% O2, this does not pass the sniff test in my book.

Good story though, would not be surprised they were trying to assure themselves of not being JA'd, this would surely do it, guaranteed days off!

They just finished Sully's book and wanted to be heros too!

Last time that happened to me, it was the Que Bueno spicy chorizo and cheese mixing with the last nights spicy chicken wings and Budwiser, it was like mustard gas only more corrosive, the seat cushion was declared HazMat, and burned.
PBR

Que Bueno is a fickle mistress...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back