Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Carbon Cub Denso alternators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cactus Charlie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 1, 2025
Posts
553
Type aircraft owned
CCX-2000 (FX-3)
Base airport
KDVT
Ratings
Commercial ASEL, ASES, AMEL, glider. CFI glider, ASE, Instrument.
If you have a Carbon Cub with a Denso alternator take a close look and the crankcase mounted hinge attachment bracket next time the cowling is off.

I found that the alternator moved when I checked belt tension. I found free play between the alternator mount lug and the crankcase attach bracket. All slack should be eliminated from this attach point by proper section of shim washers but mine had not been correctly assembled and the alternator lug, shim washers, bolt, and the bracket had been fretting.

I took the alternator and crankcase mounting bracket home for closer inspection. I machined a spacer from 6061 bar stock to replace the ill fitting shim washers. Today I got it back on the aircraft and the alternator is now rigidly attached.

Photos later. I left my camera in the hangar.
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom