Caravan Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

Curious as to the average Caravan pay around the country. I know there are a lot of different ways to pay, for fed-ex feeder, charter, pax, etc. I'm looking for a day-rate figure. Annual salary and hourly doesn't really work since there are so many different types of caravan operations out there for my comparison.

Thanks in advance.

You should get around $120 a day for flying a C-208B. Just an average between the cargo and pax carriers out there that fly the Caravan.

I flew for an outfit at TEB about 4 years ago. I was in a 208B and flew freight from mid-night to about 0430 five days a week. My run was to BUF or PLB and back. It was a salary of $30,000/yr. plus full paid health insurance. It was a great place. But, they went belly up shortly after 9/11. They had about 60% of their clients out of the WTC.

I would think $250 per day for any turbine, single or twin, would be an absolute minimum. I do contract work, $400 per day TP, $500 Citation.

I agree. Maybe higher. If you have a bunch of time in type, 300 - 350/day + all expenses.
What is having a qualified pilot worth to them?

Latest resources

Back