Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c172

Way to much fun
I know there is a new caravan flying out of AVP. AND there NOT WIGGINES planes. Does anyone know who thay are ?????????

MRA has a run out of there...but they've had it for awhile now.

AirNet did or does also.

Today I was told that the above mentioned operators are the ones out of AVP. I met a guy that flies out of AVP for Martinair. If you get a tail number or some clue, I can have him ask for you.

MRA- Martinaire Partners out of dallas, check out the site for more info.
www.martinaire.com

pay

What is the pay like at Martinaire Partners ?

Last edited:
Timebuilder said:
Today I was told that the above mentioned operators are the ones out of AVP. I met a guy that flies out of AVP for Martinair. If you get a tail number or some clue, I can have him ask for you.
If it's a feeder caravan, the registration will come back to FedEx. I may be speaking out of turn here, but I thought Martinair was a feeder operation?

correct...MRA is now Martinaire Partners, they used to be Martinaire Inc but have joined into a partnership with MDC, Mid-Atlantic. the tradeoff was that MRA got all the planes and a few of the higher ups from MDC got some seats on the board.

They fly only Caravans since selling the last of the Metros off directly after 9-11. Martinaire alone had 21 or 22 vans, but if i recall correctly, now they control another 13 from the MDC side. there is talk of them buying up a few more operators in a quest to become the largest caravan operator in the world (yes that includes Baron).

MRA is a feeder for mostly UPS, but MDC brings a few DHL/Airborne feeder routes to the table.

the owner of MRA is the one and only Ed Acker, from the "glory days" of PanAm and the like, so the pay for pilots is stuck at 1850 a month and will likely never change :(

caravan

Airnet has a caravan there. The one that is usually there is an old Matinaire plane, you can see the name faded into the side.

Latest resources

Back